- Readings in the Tiqqune Sopherim: Insights for the Doctrine of Biblical Inspiration in African Evangelicalism
Thesis defense: 14 November.
- Dynamics of Prophetic Interpretation: An Analysis of the Historicist Reading of Daniel 8 by Martin Luther, Isaac Newton, William Miller, And Ellen White
J.H. (Jón) Stefánsson
Thesis defence: 15 December. [full text]
- Translating Zephaniah in Context: A Study of Hebrew and Jusu Rhetorical Discourse Analysis
B. R. Willits
Thesis defence: 13 May, full text.
- The Self-Enclosing God. John Chrysostom and Ephrem Syrus on Divine Self-Limitation as Gift of Love in Genesis 1–3
Thesis defence: 14 December, full text.
Ongoing PhD Projects
There are about 20 PhD students doing a PhD at the ETCBC. The list below is restricted to those whose proposals have been approved by the Board of Professors of the Faculty of Religion and Theology.
- Verbal Valence in the Dead Sea Scrolls: Syntactic Variation and Linguistic Change
F. P. Siebesma-Mannens
- The Character of God’s Judgement in the Extermination of the Canaanites through the Case of the Gibeonites
- Worship in the Book of Exodus: A Cognitive Linguistic Analysis of עָבָד in the Context of God’s Revelation to Israel